Welcome to the New York Invasive Species Research Institute
- Presentations from the Environmental DNA Workshop now available
- Are you an invasive species manager? Join our newly expanded Expert Database
- Registration now open for the Annual Cornell Cooperative Extension In-service
- September abstracts now available on the Monthly Research Digest page
- Follow us on Twitter! @NY_ISRI
Thousands of introduced species have taken up residence in the US, posing serious threats to agriculture, human health, and the integrity of our lands and waters.
As a major port of entry, New York State, with its vast natural and agricultural resources, is vulnerable to damage from many of these invasive species.
The New York Invasive Species Research Institute serves the scientific research community, natural resource and land managers, and state offices and sponsored organizations by promoting information-sharing and developing recommendations and implementation protocols for research, funding, and management, all in an effort to improve the scientific basis of invasive species management.
Funding for NYISRI is provided by the Environmental Protection Fund as administered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.